Thursday, March 8, 2018

Lee Seung Gi opens up in his works roles.

Vertical, horizontal, open mind...

These are the words to describe singer/actor Lee Seung Gi (31) after his discharge from military.
                                              associate_pic

Last year after his discharge on 31st October, around in December he was offered the role as the main lead 'Oh Gong' (Monkey King) for the fantasy genre drama 'Hwa Yoo Gi (Korean Odyssey)'.  Not long he was also one of the permanent cast for the entertainment program 'Master In the House'. His most recent work is the film 'The Princess and the Matchmaker' which is currently airing on local cinemas.

He hasn't rested for even half a day after he's been discharged from army. However for this year he will try to take some time off to recuperate.

On 8th March, we meet up with Lee Seung Gi personally. He has a vibrant personality, filled with jokes and even mentioned Yang Se Hyung might say something when he sees the interview. In the previous episodes of Master In the House, the other three casts were getting tired of his continuous stories in the army. 

Lee said military has definitely changed him...as in a lot! Even though he's now in his thirties, he only looks as if he was still in his twenties. It may be due to his face has changed a lot before going to army. However his performances in dramas, entertainment was something he has done all his years. 

'I was already an entertainer when I was at a young age. I had everything at my side. When I needed something, someone will fill it up for me. But when I was in the army, I have to do everything on my own. Laundry, cleaning up- I have to do everything by myself as it was my first time doing so. But I felt I could do this on my own. I do have the same confidence as others.' 

In the past he has been surrounded with comedian Lee Soo Geun, MC Kang Ho Dong and PD Na Young Suk. This time Seung Gi is taking the road alone. There are no other comedians or seniors in Master In the House program except for comedian Yang Se Hyung. In the absence of Kang Ho Dong and PD Na, Seung Gi is challenging himself as a main emcee in the program. This may also be another aspect of the confidence he has brought through his military life. It'd probably more stable to have his elder hyungs along with him. He has been agonising a while whether he will last long in Master In the House whereby he might not be able to meet everyone's expectations. He has tried very hard and learnt many things along the way. There was not much time to prepare for Master In the House, he's glad many people liked the show.

He had his fun times with Kang Ho Dong and PD Na. If there is a good opportunity arises, he will not hesitate to join them again for variety shows. There has been a controversial issue regarding this status whether he's a singer or actor or entertainer- probably due to his active participation in various fields. He reassured nothing has changed at all.

He hasn't been doing as much as he wants to. Possibility of releasing an album this year.
During his twenties period, he had so much trouble but now is not a problem for him.

" I think I'm just an entertainer. Whether it's singer Lee Seung Gi, actor Lee Seung Gi or entertainer Lee Seung Gi; I just want to try out different things under my name so that I won't be that awkward. But I am thinking whether which name to suit me better. You can't say it's just Celebrity Lee Seung Gi." He laughed... 

It has been 15 years since he debuted and it's time to let go. Seung Gi wants to try out everything he wants. It could be a drama, movie, variety or music show. I am sure his fans would love to see him enjoying his work.

'I am heading to my 30's now. I'm going to do my best to minimise the troubles I had in my 20's.
Seung Gi is not bothered at all what character he is now.













No comments: