Thursday, August 4, 2016

Review on Breslin Bar & Grill Restaurant, Melbourne.

Today we had a supplier over from Queensland for a quick catch up every few months. For our lunch we decided to try Breslin Bar and Grill Restaurant along Southgate area.
The place decors are rather impressive- decorated with hanging antlers, mountain goats heads and even the lighting frames were made out of the horns- I hope they are all fake and just made out of plastic or some cheap material. It reminded me as if I was in Alaska! 

The restaurant is not overly packed but the cool winter weather keeps everyone sitting inside for the warm heated seats. I ain't sitting outside cutting my piece of meat or salad in the cold wintry condition. Some customers are already boozing away as if it was happy hours when it's only lunch time. Anyway back to our topic, I decided to try the Calamari Salad which came with either a soft drink, beer or wine. I chose Lemon Lime Bitter to quench my thirst for the start. My other colleague chose the Breslin's Beef Burger that came with chips and truffle mayo. The other two men decided to order Barramundi fillet wrapped in Spanish Jamon, slow cooked saffron baby vegetables with Perona beer.

It took nearly 30 minutes for the meals to come out from the kitchen which we joked they had to probably fish the seafood all the way from Darwin to Melbourne. The place wasn't packed and the kitchen must be having a fiery time. We were rather starving when dishes were served. I remembered the bitter rocket salad with the grilled calamari, tomatoes and red onions just didn't suit to my palette. Though the calamari is soft but it was a bit burnt and there wasn't any sauce that came with it. I asked for green olives to be excluded out but I got a whole big bunch of greens sitting on the plate with a piece or roasted halumi cheese- which tasted nice! 

Grilled calamari salad with halumi and roasted tomatoes
The fish dishes were perfectly cooked and seasoned well. The chips on the burger were not that great and seasoning was so-so. But the beef burger nailed a star as my colleague says the meat practically melts into the mouth with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Mmmm...

Lunch specials priced at AU$25.00 with a drink.
The main plates sets off at AU$30+ (depending on seafood or meat)
There is Traditional Spanish seafood paella for 2 people priced at AU$75.00
Apparently they are famous for their ribs, char grilled burgers and steak. 

The big question- would I try again? Mmm....maybe next time for another chicken dish.



No comments: