Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Get to know more of actor Yoon Shi Yoon (Dong Gu)

This year's April 2016, actor Yoon Shi Yoon was discharged out from compulsory military. The actor has truly displayed an array of images ever since he was chosen to play in the current jTBC's drama Mirror of the Witch and then he was picked as a regular cast
member in KBS variety program 1 Night 2 Days


Here's a personal interview script with Yoon Shi Yoon himself from a Korean magazine.

The last time we met was 3 years ago. 
Y: Have we met before? I am sorry. After returning from army, I'm losing my memories.
I know I've been in the poison gas drill training 3 times. Ha ha ha! 

In the army, what was the best part/memories?
Y: All I wanted is to work. Though it worries me a lot. Previously I was very tired and anxious about everything but my biggest dream is to work. But then gain I was feeling happy.

So being in 1N2D program as Dong Gu, does that make you happy?
Y: That brought out my courage. To be honest, previously I was in Barefooted Friends program which was much loved by everyone but I was too afraid to show it all. I hid my real intentions and image. But as an actor, I learned to be honest and know how to express it all. 

Out of the blue, why do you have such thoughts?
Y: While in the military, the last 4 years during my acting career, there was only 1 thing that I felt. I felt what should I do and what role should I express myself? While standing in front of the public, there is one thing that I wanted to do as an actor. So when I was offered the role as Heo Jun in Mirror of the Witch, I felt this is what Yoon Shi Yoon should be doing. 

Why did you choose 1 Night 2 Days program? 
Y: As a celebrity, it's my first attempt of my courage to show the best acting I could to all.
Other actors might not be able to do so, I have confidence that I will do my best for the show. In the past, I have aqua phobia. So I entered the marine military to overcome that fear. 


The first broadcast of 1N2D, what do you think about it? Wasn't it awkward with other members?
Y: Though I am not very experienced in variety programs but there was no awkward feelings among the members. My role was not to create jokes or any laughter though.

Do you read a lot of books? 
Y: Rather than reading, I prefer to travel. In that case, it doesn't feel like I am reading. LOL!

People still recognize you as Yoon Shi Yoon's Kim Tak Gu (from the drama)
Y: Now it will just be Yoon Shi Yoon. Just like Heo Jun in Mirror of the Witch.

So now it's no longer Kim Tak Gu but Dong Gu instead?
Y: Isn't it so? Aside from Yoon Shi Yoon... 

Dong Gu makes you look younger.
Y: That's right! That's me. I love comedies and art. 

Now you are at the age of 32, right?
Y: No, it's still showing at 29 in Naver website. Ha ha! 

At the age of 30, what do you think has changed?
Y: I thought of the same thing too. I think nothing has changed. In some ways there is a little setback but people still think of me with that boyish image. 

That's right, you still that boyish image. 
Y: It's an advantage but there are disadvantages to it as well. One day a boy will turn into a man. Frankly I am more focused on my dreams given the current sentiment. Can't live forever as a boyish dude. 

You're clear on what you wanted, right? 
Y: Of course. It needs to go step by step. Based on experience, from entertainment to dramas it's all about experiencing and trials in life.

Next time, when do you see when you look back as an actor?
Y: I always believe victory and people that I work with. I honestly want to live well without any trouble. 








No comments: