Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review on Nishikian restaurant, Forest Hill.

I have heard many good reviews on this Japanese restaurant- Nishikian located at Springvale Road near to Forest Hill Chase. It along the Chemist Warehouse and Shell petrol station from corner of Canterbury Road and Springvale Road. It has limited parking spots in front of the restaurant but be there early to get a spot.

 I was there for early lunch so I managed to sit in front of the cooking area since I was alone.
Lunch bento set was everyone's favorite. You get to choose 3 side-dishes from the menu- I opted for takoyaki (squid balls), fried chicken (tori karaage) and miso dengaku (tofu). My main rice was filled with salmon pieces and seaweed - paid extra $2.50 for that.
I ordered a yozu citrus hot tea that comes in a pot and cup. It was lovely to have that drink with my lunch bento set.



Food was all freshly cooked and made on the spot. The salmon donburi was lovely, melted in the mouth. The tori karaage was a bit oily since it was deep fried but meat was tender inside. The miso dengaku was flavorsome with the sauce. Sad to say the takoyaki was average and it wasn't that great. The set comes with miso soup as well.

Overall I paid around $20+ for the lunch bento set with my yozu tea. It was reasonable.
The restaurant is not too small, plenty of seats but the crowd starts coming in after noon.
If you are hoping to get a seat for a family or a bunch of friends, either book a table or get there early. 

I'd definitely return to try out more on the menu and for dinner set as well. Good! 

Food: 4/5 stars
Service: 4/5 stars
Price: 4/5 stars



No comments: