Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Review on Malaysian Airlines Business Class

On my recent trip back to Malaysia, I had originally booked economy seats for return flight from Melbourne to Penang. Immediately MH has given me an option called MH Upgrade whereby passengers are able to bid and offer a price for an upgrade to Business class.
I took the offer for my return KL-MEL by offering A$300 for one way.

The last few days before my departure flight from MEL-KL, I was quite tempted so I went in again the website and offered RM280 for upgrade to Business Class. Within 48 hours, the offer was accepted and I was on my way cruising to Business Class seat. Yippee!
Of course the month of October wasn't a holiday period so it was easier to get an upgrade as the plane was rather empty in business class. Ever since the two planes went down under MH, everyone freaked out and opted to sit SQ or Air Asia instead. 


For business class passengers, we were given a ticket for Express through immigration so it makes life easier and shorter queue. The lane is meant for First Class/Business class and passengers with special needs like wheelchair. Easy! I was able to get into MAS Golden Lounge in the airport to relax, sit around, eat and drink without any payment. The reception will note down your flight details and will announce before boarding. Of course as you may have heard first class/business class passengers are able to board at their own convenience. That's the best part! No queue up and straight into my cabin. *grins* I was shown to my aisle seat and given a complimentary drink upon arrival. Plenty of room for legs to stretch and filled with comfy pillows and blanket. Even the hand luggage compartment was rather empty. 

We have our own toilets located for business class passengers. Best part no noise or crying babies in the cabin. I love it! We were treated to entree of chicken of beef satay. For dinner, we had chicken zucchini pie with fresh salad- you can order any cold or hot drinks if you like.
To be honest the dinner-supper meals were not that great. 

When I flew back from KL-MEL in the morning flight, it was fabulous! We were given hot towels all the time, special nuts for snacking, drinks, and satay as usual for entree.

Then for main meal it was chicken rendang with rice, salmon salad, fresh fruits, lemon cheesecake slice along with a small tub of vanilla ice cream. What more can you ask?
I was pretty stuffed up in the plane with non stop eating. In fact in the golden lounge, one can have your brunch or full breakfast at KLIA. 

The airline had to put me up at Sama Sama Express Hotel at KLIA due to a missed connection flight. So I slept for 4+hours in KLIA before refreshing up and heading for breakfast at the Golden Lounge. Full english breakfast is avail- eggs, sausages, bread, coffee-tea, tarts, pies, croissants and even chicken-fishball noodle soup! 

No wonder it's a bargain to upgrade a bit to sit business class as the service is all there and I don't mind it at all. Best of all your pillows, blankets are cleaner and nicer...in fact the headsets are nicer too. The screens are fixed on the seat and a bit hard to watch unless you slide the chair further down in a sleeping mode. Plenty of movies, programs and music to watch. The cabin crew was very attentive towards us.. AND ...when the plane arrives at the airport, you get to depart out from the plane first without waiting and rushing around. Hehe!

So what is the real damage to the credit card? 
MEL-KL-PG return flight: AU$800.00 (including tax)
Upgrades both ways: AU$590.00 (additional)

Regular business class seats would costs A$3000.00 which I paid less than half. Not bad!

Would I sit MH and upgrade in future?
The answer is definitely YES. :D


MAS Golden Lounge in Tullamarine Airport, Melbourne

Drinks, fruits, sandwiches, cookies for supper

The comfy seats lounge for the passengers to rest and relax


No comments: