Tuesday, May 19, 2015

High Society 상류사회 drama with UEE, Sung Joon, Park Hyung Sik & Im Ji Yeon


SBS will premiere its new drama High Society "상류사회" featuring After School's UEE, Sung Joon, ZE:A's Park Hyung Sik and Im Ji Yeon. Lately dramas are screening with mostly idols/singers as their main casts. Whether it's to garner the attention of young people or just as a "plastic vase" (merely for pretty decor in the drama), I am a bit skeptical about their acting. Don't get me wrong, UEE is a fine actress ever since she started acting out You are Beautiful, Ojakyo Brothers and Golden Rainbow. In fact she is better off in acting than singing with those long beautiful legs.


Sung Joon is a newbie actor despite he has acted in various dramas such as Lie To Me, Shut Up Flower Boy Band, I Need Romance 3...etc. I'd not say he's that handsome but there's something in him. I'll give him a pass. Ah...our maknae Dalbong from What's With The family? drama is back in action. Park Hyung Sik from ZE:A is fabulous in his acting skills as a spoilt brat though in real life he isn't. He is always welcomed by his seniors in variety or entertainment industry due to his manners and gestures. He must be busy filming variety show- Law of the Jungle in Indochina and also this new drama.
 I'll be looking forward to his role in this drama. As for Im Ji Yeon- I have no comments on her, she's a new rookie actress and I don't know much about her. 


The story goes as far as UEE playing as a rich heiress owned by her family and being the youngest daughter, she hides her real identity by working part time in a cafe in order to find her true love. And we pretty much know the story how she will meet Sung Joon (the hero) of the story..etc. Park Hyung Sik and Im Ji Yeon were the 2nd leads.

Originally the main roles were offered to Park Seo Joon and Moon Geun Yeung however both turned down the offers. I am glad I won't be seeing MGY as I'm not a fan of hers and to be honest I don't really like her acting. Example when she was in Cheongdamdong Alice- no matter how well she dresses and how fashionable it is, she doesn't have that classy look...with a bit of her crossed-eyed. LOL! I had to grit my teeth to watch that drama because of Park Shi Hoo and So Yi Hyun. 

It's quite unfortunate that Park Seo Joon didn't take up the role as he'd be perfect for it. He will match well with UEE. Anyway we will have a good look out how these 4 people will bring out their characters. 



No comments: