Monday, December 1, 2014

Great Sushi lunch sets at Rakuzen Gurney Paragon in Penang

It was one of those last days I was sitting around in Penang before I flew back to Melbourne. So I got my brother to give us a treat for lunch at Rakuzen Japanese restaurant in Gurney Paragon Mall. The restaurant is sandwiched in between a Japanese grocery store and Sushi Zenmai restaurant in Paragon on the top level floors.
The lunch sets appear to be reasonably priced and good food too! I must say 4/5 stars!
Service was good and we just need to press the little button to get their attention of the crew.

The lunch menu sets have few pages starting price of RM23 up to RM78. It depends on what your preference. The eel (unagi) sets are more pricey compares to the chicken or tempura set. I've ordered the Sushi to Tempura Zen set (RM38.00) while my brother ordered the beef teriyaki set and my parents ordered the chicken bento set. The portions were big and enough to filled us all up! 

The set comes with a chawanmushi (steamed egg), salad, miso soup and a fruit dessert too.
Green tea can be ordered for extra $. I can't remember how much it was... 



Dinner sets are always more expensive than the lunch menu. So if you are looking to splurge more for dinner, Rakuzen is a nice place to try out.
Otherwise lunch sets at Rakuzen is worth to try and good value for money.


No comments: