Sunday, November 23, 2014

Review on DORAEMON, Stand by me animation movie

I have to say I wasn't a fan of Japanese anime except for Ghibli films such as Spirited Away and Totoro. Until recently I was on the plane from Singapore to Melbourne via SQ Airlines and happened to watch this new animated movie 'Doraemon; Stand by Me' (STAND BY ME ドラえもん?) . I must say I love love, love this animated film from the Japs. The cartoon has been a while since I was a kid as I used to eat thic chocolate snacks and it's called Ding Dang or the chinese ed would call it 'Xiao Ding Dang'. It was so popular among kids and adults. Whenever McDonalds in Asia come out with Doraemon collectibles with its Meals, everyone would queue up to purchase it!

I must say this film totally blew me off...I watched twice in the plane! LOL!

The film opens with Nobita Nobi (voiced by Megumi Ohara) who is a young naive boy and he couldn't get anything right. He is idorky, slow and he fails to impress the girl he liked in school, Shizuka (voiced by Yumi Kakazu). Then in the future, his grandson sees in the past in his crystal ball and finds his grandfather Noby is quite a loser and often been bullied by others. It could affect the future if Noby continues to be such a slow witted boy. He sends his robot cat Doraemon to the present in order to assist Nobita. Doraemon is quite reluctant to carry out the mission but he is programmed to help and make Nobita happy and he could go back. 

In fact Doraemon being the robotic cat from the future has a pouch on his body that carries mysterious gadgets to help Nobita when he's in trouble. Cool! 

The animate film shows the manga chapters; ""All the way from the country of the future", "Romance in the snowy mountain", "Partners of the Night", "The night before Nobita's
wedding" and "Good bye, Doraemon" 
The background music is interesting and it shows how Doraemon goes all the way to help Nobita to stand up and parting with him. 

The finale brought tears to my eyes but nevertheless it was good ending. In middle parts, there were scenes where you could laught till you drop. The witty expressions and how Doraemon tells Nobita off when he fails to do anything. 

This film is meant to bring laughters and tears to whether you are old or young in age. It's entertaining and it teaches you to appreciate friendship (where it tells how Nobita misses Doraemon from the start to the end) Oh one thing...Doraemon is indeed fascinated and loves the red bean pancake "Doriyaki"...he's a mania when it comes to this red bean snack.




1 comment:

diego78 said...

Great! I am glad that there is a movie now. My kids are going to be very happy. Also, I need to find more shows by Andy Yeatman online because I have exhausted the ones available on Netflix. These were entertaining and knowledgeable shows. I must share this good news with all my friends.