Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pets, pets, pets...furry animals are my favorite!

I am an animal lover...i love any mammal who has fur and warm blooded. I am not into reptiles or fishes 'coz they don't interact much with humans. I used to have a pet dog Daschund breed which is literally is my mom's 2nd son at home. His name was Prince and he wanders in the house like nobody's business. He expect people to carry him upstairs during night time, evening walks, his morning breakie and treats in between.

Then comes along my pet rabbit Queenie which is a white rabbit with red eyes. She was the Queen in the house, she even faught off my neighbour's cat! She grunts and makes noises if we disturb her. She had her time of breeding litters and doesn't look after her babies. Then my grandmother and I had to take turns feeding the litters and giving them away to responsible people who love pets. 

When I moved to Australia, I was rather lonely so I got myself a tri-colour guinea pig whom I named her Furball. She was furry and cute as ever. Got her from a barn at Springvale and took her to the vet for a check. She was all good health and young baby too. She was a lucky princess with a big cage, igloo to hide, toys to play and tons of grass, fresh vege and pellets to eat everyday. Soon I thought Furball was lonely so I got her a fellow friend which is a female brown coloured Abynissian piggie, Shaki. Shaki was a weird name coz her crown fur stands up shockingly and she was fiesty. She didnt like to be held and wasn't so interactive as Furball. Furball was dominating the cage and food for most of the time until she decided to check out to heaven due to an illness when I moved to my new home.
** sob...sob**...I cried for days after losing Furball as I tried my best to send her to vet but she was going down so fast. I was left with Shaki so she was the Queen in the house now. A big cage with 2 igloos and toys to play whenever she likes. 

 Guinea pigs don't have a long span of life. After 3-4 years, eventually they die off and that's about it. Shaki lost her battle to some growth tumor in her body and the vet at Ferntree Gully was a prick! I took her to the Rabbit Guinea Pig House along Burwood Highway and they sucked hell lot of $$ from me. Knowing Shaki couldn't last, they put her into some incubator, did ultrasound, scan...etc what nonsense and charged me A$400 over and she died the next day at home.



After this incident, I told myself no more pets. It was too hard to bear when you lose them. So every now & then my neighbour's cat Angus comes for a visit. He is big fluffy black & white tabby cat who roams around the communal area with his other buddy Ginger.
Angus is friendly and often can be seen lying around in our main garden front or even doing his business at our backyard! He's adorable as he can be, he doesn't show off his claws and he comes into the house for a snack at times. My parents find him very cute and funny whenever they come for a visit to Melbourne. 



As time grows, I know I will eventually adopt a furry friend when I have the time. Now I just got myself recovered from my terrible allergy I contracted last year 2013. It took me months to recover after visiting doctors, hospitals and allergists. I am not allergic to cats or anything but something I caught from Darwin-Broome when I had a business trip up there. Hopefully one day I am eyeing to get either a Russian Blue cat or a Scottish Fold...how cute can they be! *Swoons...* Look at those eyes... 


No comments: