Thursday, September 11, 2014

London Trip 16th October- 20th October 2013



LONDON... ah...I told myself I must visit the Queen one day. Indeed my trip planned to EU was completed. My brother and I took jet off from Penang to London and took us nearly 14 hours to get there. Upon arrival at Heathrow airport, we nearly got lost from finding our way out (we look like zombies after a midnight flight) and ended up having coffee at the airport lounge. We took the train to Shepherd's Bush suburb where we stayed at Ibis Hotel. It was just opposite the station and Westfield Shopping Centre. Oh yeah!!!
I had to go twice to Buckingham Palace because the changing of the Guards were on alternate days due to coming Autumn-Winter season. We headed to the Chivalry Guards House and there were massive people looking at the procession.The crowd at Buckingham Palace is massive and people have been queing up since hours ahead. My brother and I arrived late and we managed to squeeze in for a spot. Lucky for us, the band marched into the palace grounds so everyone rushed to the gates to snap photos. It was time for me to secure a spot in the fencing area, I don't care if I need to steal others' spot. It's chance of a lifetime.
 And then time for shopping, souvenirs and sight seeing. We saw The London Eye, Big Ben, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and Tower Bridge. It was beautiful and whenever I see photos, this is real London is an impressive city whereby there were tons of tourists visiting every year even after the Olympics. 

 Of course I haven't forgotten about our dear Harry Potter character- the film was shot near the St Pancreas International Station. I had to visit it and got myself a fridge magnet. They were selling shirts, wands, jelly beans, scarves, cards and other nonsense as well. How can we forget the famous Harrods Shopping Mall? Its famous for its previous owner Al Fayed and the late Princess Diana's love affair that ended up in tragic car accident. There is actually an altar with the 2 late people's photos at the ground level. 




The famous Red telephone booth in London is a must to see although the phone booths actually stinks of urine. Some idiots or drunkards must be drinking heavily and pissing in the booth.London is also famous for its broadway musicals. They were showing BodyGuard, Billy Elliot, Wicked, Lion King at the famous event halls.  


Our journey doesn't end here. We had our meals at the shopping malls including Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant. Since my brother has been watching the program on paid TV channel, he said he must try out the meals. It was pretty good and many people were patronizing the restaurant. Overall it was a good experince and not to forget we visit the famous Temple Church (Knights of Templar featured in the movie Da Vinci Code)











No comments: